WORK WITH US
We’re excited to work with you on a publication. To get started, you need a username and password. Contact us today via the button below and we’ll get you registered with the eJournal’s publication site. NOTE: Registration and login are required to submit, edit, and review items online.
Already have a Username/Password for eJournal of Public Affairs?
The eJournal of Public Affairs publishes scholarly articles, including research studies, best practices, reviews of the literature, book reviews, and potential multimedia content. Submitted manuscripts are reviewed on a continual basis, so authors can upload them by logging in on our Submissions page at any time they reach completion. Final manuscripts will be copy-edited and proofed prior to publication. The journal will also consider scholarly and creative publications presented across various forms of media (e.g., multimedia, videos, photo and/or written-essays) submitted as a Features section.
For more information on submitting your work to the eJournal of Public Affairs, please view our our submission guidelines.
We search for two kinds of reviewers:
- Academically qualified reviewers who have a portfolio of published work and
- Professionally qualified reviewers who have significant experience and an understanding of the academic review process but may not have a publication history
eJournal offers opportunities:
- Participating in a professional collaboration committed to improving the eJournal’s publications
- Collaborating with a national editorial team and being an integral part of the American Democracy Project
- Providing consultation for other experts in a similar field
- Participating in processes to improve editorial work
- Mentoring authors
The eJournal includes publications for themed or special issues on important or timely topics under the guidance of guest editors. If you are aware of or involved with a relevant topic and are interested in an impactful collaboration, this could be a rewarding experience. As a guest editor, you would work with the editorial team to develop a special issue about a project or theme related to civic learning or public engagement.
To become a guest editor for the eJournal of Public Affairs, please use our Guest Editor Memorandum of Understanding:
Submit complete forms to eJournalPA@MissouriState.edu
Who We Are
The eJournal of Public Affairs is a collaboration between Missouri State University and the American Democracy Project. We are a multidisciplinary, open access, peer-reviewed periodical. The eJournal focuses on traditional text-based articles, articles with embedded images and/or videos, and freestanding multimedia projects. It provides scholars, students, and community members with a forum for research, best practices, and pedagogy related to engagement in the public arena.
- Research studies, project evaluations, best practices, literature reviews,book reviews, and invited essays
- Text-based manuscripts, videos, photo essays, and other multimedia
- Double-blind peer review (except for book reviews and invited essays)
‘Tell Your Story’ Submissions
- Descriptive essays- Research Notes, Invited Commentary, Instruments and Reports, or Multimedia projects
- Shares experience, projects, and perspectives from our ‘Practice’
- Editorial or juried review for content and production values
Guest Editor for Special Themed Issues
- Special issues are published from time to time under the guidance of guest editors focusing on important or timely topics
- Interested scholars should contact the editors to propose a special topic
- Academically qualified reviewers with a demonstrated publication record
- Professionally qualified reviewers with experience and understanding of the academic review process, but may not have a publication history
Andrew Lokie, Editor
Darrell Hamlin, Managing Editor